Other financial support


Other financial support

There can be lots of extra costs when caring for a child or young person with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). Find out what support is available to help you and your family meet the additional costs.

Gov.UK - Help if you have a disabled child.


A grant is a financial contribution, and unlike loans, do not have to be paid back. You may have to meet specific criteria to qualify for some grants.

  • Disability Grants – helps you find the right grant for you, whether it be for a short break holiday, or support with equipment.
  • Family Fund – provides grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people.
  • WellChild – a list of national organisations who provide grants for specialist equipment, therapies, and short breaks.
  • Charity Excellence – UK foundation grant funding for disability charities and community projects.
  • Family Action – provides practical, emotional, and financial support to those who are experiencing poverty, disadvantage, and social isolation across the country.


Support with childcare costs