Information and support services for Bolton's Local Offer (My Life in Bolton)
Leisure and Sport (My Life in Bolton)
My Life in Bolton
Through the SEND area of My Life in Bolton - an online service directory, Bolton Council works with partners and the community to maintain details about organisations that provide a range of support, leisure activities and sport that are tailored to, or are specifically provided for anyone with additional needs.
These currently range from football and swimming clubs, to martial arts and dance classes - as well as more general support services and clubs for children and young people.
Below are some of the organisations included on the directory:
- AFC Masters Football Club - is a football club run for children and adults with a disability. The FA Standard Chartered Club runs every week with a focus on friendship and enjoyment.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @AFCMasters
- Daytrippers (Bolton) - is a parent and carer led registered charity that provides mutual support and companionship, via days out and other activities for familes that have children with disabilities.
Phone: 07742 693157 or 07941747 920
- Breaking Barriers Breaking Barriers - is a registered charity. It is our aim to raise awareness and challenge the barriers to inclusion in society for disabled children and young people aged 0-25 years old.
- Bolton Lads and Girls Club - is for young people aged 8-19 years old (21 for a young person with a disabilty) and runs seven days a week. Our Junior Club is open to all young people aged 8 to 12, while 12 to 19 year olds go to Senior Club. There’s also our Holiday Club, a place to go for more fun and activities when school closes for the summer holidays.
Website: www.boltonladsandgirlsclub.co.uk/ young-people/inclusion
- Bolton Octagon Bridges - is a programme that enables young people and adults with additional needs and learning disbilities to take part in drama and performance opportuites at The Octagon Theatre.
Website: www.octagonbolton.co.uk/get- involved/young-people/bridges/
- Kidz2gether - is a Bolton based charity, supporting children affected by autism and autistic spectrum disorders.
- Bolton Disabilty Sports Association - are a voluntary organisation working to provide quality Sporting and Recreational Activities throughout Bolton for people with disabilities and their siblings. We run sessions in the following areas: Archery / Cricket / Dance / Cycling / Football / Gymnastics / Handball / Trampolining / Swimming and more.
Phone: 01204 411672
- Wheels for All Bolton - is affiliated with Cycling UK and provides people of all abilities with the chance to enjoy cycling. They were established with the help of Cycling Projects through the Wheels for All. The Wheels for All program is a nationally recognised program that offers cycling opportunities to people with additional needs by giving access to adaptive cycles in a supportive and comfortable setting.
Website: www.cyclinguk.org/cycle-centre/ bolton-arena
- Reach Northwest - is a voluntary community group that supports autistic children and their families. We create individualised support packages to meet the whole family’s needs.
- Bolton Bullets - power chair football club
- Wave Adventure - are a Bolton Charity who are passionate about the outdoors and introducing people to healthy new activities. Wave Adventure organise events for individuals or groups of all ages and abilities.
For details of other services and activities, please visit https://mylifeinbolton.org.uk/send.aspx