Discretionary council tax reduction scheme
Discretionary reductions to council tax can be made if you can show you need extra help with your council tax due to you being affected by the changes made to council tax discounts and exemptions for unoccupied properties introduced from April 2013.
To qualify for a discretionary council tax reduction:
- you must be the person responsible for the council tax and
- we must be satisfied that you need financial help
We will look at your application and decide:
- If you should receive help towards your council tax
- how much help you will receive and
- how long the help will be given
You may be asked to provide evidence in support of your application.
If you disagree with a decision we have made about your discretionary council tax reduction, you can ask us to look at it again. You can also appeal to a tribunal about a discretionary council tax reduction decision.