As well as local services, part of your council tax goes towards the police, fire and rescue, waste disposal and transport services for Greater Manchester. These are called 'Greater Manchester precepts and levies'.

To find out more see the Greater Manchester Combined Authority website.

If you live in an area with a parish or town council there is an extra charge for services they provide. These are called parish precepts and apply to:

Adult social care funding

For 2024/25 the adult social care precept has increased by 2% to support adult social care.