- Debt, money and advice services including free confidential advice offered by our Money Skills and Welfare Rights services
- Speak to someone from Citizens Advice Bolton and Bury - You could get free advice on your rights around money, housing and legal problems.
- Visit national charity Mind to find out more about organising your finances, claiming benefits when you have a mental health problem, dealing with services, and looking after your mental health when you’re worried about money.
- Check what benefits and financial support you may be entitled to
- Local Welfare Provision - help in a crisis or emergency
- If you are on a low income you may get help towards your rent. You can apply if you are working, or unemployed - Housing benefit
- Find out about a range of services provided in Bolton via the Household Support Fund
- You may be able to get a payment to help with the cost of living.
- Credit unions are a friendly, local alternative to banks or building societies. They offer an accessible savings facility and low interest loans to members.
- Apply for elderly person bus pass
- Apply for disabled bus pass
- 50% off rail journeys if you’re on Universal Credit
- Apply for a railcard to save money on rail journeys
- Find out about concessionary and discounted travel in Greater Manchester
- Find out how to reduce your water bill or if you need help paying your water bill
- Find out if you can get cheaper phone and broadband
- Find out how to manage debt on pre-payment gas and electric meters
- Check what help you could get with childcare costs
- Apply for Child Benefit
- Apply for support with childcare costs for children 11 or under (Tax-Free Childcare)
- Claim back childcare costs if you get Universal Credit
- Apply for free childcare for children aged 2 in England
- Apply for 15 hours free childcare for children aged 3 to 4 in England
- Apply for 30 hours free childcare for children aged 3 to 4 in England
- Support with childcare costs if your child is disabled – apply for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children.