Need a helping hand? If you live in Bolton you can find free, immediate online support for your mental health and wellbeing via Kooth and Qwell.
- Details of Bolton’s leisure centres
- Supporting and encouraging the people of Bolton to positively change their lives - Let's Keep Bolton Moving
- Free eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines via Bolton Library
- Find a Warm Welcome Space Today - The Warm Welcome campaign is determined to equip and support thousands of free, warm, and welcoming spaces in communities across the UK. Working with churches and other faith groups, civil society organisations, businesses and Local Authorities, we want to make sure that nobody is left to suffer on their own this winter.
Support if you or if your child is disabled
- Apply for Universal Credit if you’re disabled
- Apply for Employment and Support Allowance
- Support with living costs including Attendance Allowance if you’re state pension age or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Apply for a disabled persons railcard from National Rail
- Apply for Access to Work for support to get or stay in work
- Apply for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children
Help for Families
- Bolton’s Holiday Activities and Food programme supports children and families on benefits related Free School Meals with free fun, creative sessions offering sports, games, physical activity and food during the school holidays.
- Childcare Choices - Government help with childcare costs for parents. Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support.
- Bolton Families Information Service offers free information on early education and services for children, young people and families in Bolton (including help with childcare costs).
- Find out more about our Start Well Services for Families
- Apply for support with maternity costs with the Maternity Grant (Sure Start)
- Be Kind To My Mind is a Bolton campaign to reduce the stigma and discrimination around mental health.
Greater Manchester is supporting older people to stay warm, safe and well this winter.
More tips and advice are available from our Winterwise guide and the Winterwise video on YouTube, which can be watched below.