If you're on a low income you may be able to get help towards your council tax.  You can apply if you are working, or unemployed.

You’ll still need to pay 17.5% of your bill unless you are of pension credit age.

You can apply for council tax support if you:

  • live at the property
  • pay council tax
  • have a low income, or are entitled to a benefit paid by the Department for Work and Pensions or the Pension Service
  • have capital of less than £3000, if you are working age; or £16,000 if you are of pension credit age