If you wish to place a skip on any part of the highway, you will need a licence.

It is the skip owner not the householder or contractor who must apply for skip licences on behalf of their customers.

You don’t need a permit to place a skip on private land.

The skip register

If you regularly need skip licences you should apply to be placed on the skip company register

Apply for a Skip Licence (companies on the register)

Apply for a Skip Licence (for a one-off skip)

Our current charges and fees

Further Information

  • see our Code of Practice for the Depositing of Skips on the Public Highway
  • a licence can be valid for any period between 1 and 28 days. For longer periods additional applications should be made
  • only one skip will be allowed on site at any one time except in exceptional circumstances
  • if you need any more information or advice, or help in completing your application please contact us