If you wish to construct over a public highway, or alter such a construction, you must have a licence.
This includes structures such as bridges, a canopy or balcony of a building, any overhead beam, rail, pipe, cable, wire or display which projects over the highway on a permanent basis.

Failure to comply with the above requirements may result in a fine.

Apply for a Highway Projection Licence

Our current charges and fees

Further Information

If you need any more information or advice, or help in completing your application please contact us