Apply for Universal Credit
Universal Credit is a new benefit that is being introduced by the Government to replace six existing benefits with a single monthly payment.
Universal Credit is replacing:
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Income support
- Working tax credit
- Child tax credit
- Housing benefit
For many people it covers housing costs, so they don’t have to make a separate housing benefit claim.
You’ll still need to claim housing benefit if you:
- have three or more children, or
- live in supported or temporary accommodation, or
- are of pension credit age.