Other adults who live with you

If you have other adults living with you, you may get less support.

They are called non dependants and we may reduce your award by a set amount for each of them based on their gross income.

We won’t make a reduction if:

  • you get Attendance Allowance
  • you get Disability Living Allowance with care component
  • you get Personal Independence Payment with the daily living component
  • you are registered blind
  • the non-dependant is under 25, and on Income Support or income based Job Seekers' Allowance

View non dependant deductions