A dropped kerb allows vehicles to cross the pavement or verge to and from a driveway. The crossing must be built to our standards.

Request the installation of a dropped kerb

You may need planning permission if you are surfacing over your front garden or your property is:

  • on a classified road (typically a main road)
  • in a building divided into separate properties, eg flats
  • a commercial premises
  • in a conservation area

You must remove any fence, wall, hedge or other obstruction where the dropped kerb will be located.

When you’re ready to go ahead, we can inspect the area and give you a quote. The price will vary depending on the amount of work needed.

To make an application please contact us.