All household waste recycling centres across Greater Manchester will remain open, following government guidance as of 5 January 2021. Please only visit if it is essential.
All waste and recycling bin collections are currently operating as normal.
If your bin has not been emptied, please check the has your bin been missed page for information as there may have been access issues.
On your collection day please ensure:
- Your bin is out for collection between 7.30am and 6pm
- The lid is closed - we will not collect waste from the side of your bin
- Vehicles are parked responsibly to allow access for our collection vehicle
- Your bin is brought back onto your property after collection
Please continue to check the website for further updates.
Guidance for households with symptoms or positive cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
All personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths must be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.
Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.
Disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE) used for social distancing such as face coverings and gloves
- Please put disposable gloves and face masks in your grey general waste bin
- Do not put face masks or gloves in a recycling bin as they cannot be recycled through conventional recycling facilities.
Protect yourself, others and our environment:
- Don’t create litter with your masks and gloves
- Remember to wash your hands thoroughly
Household waste recycling centres
COVID Restrictions at Household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) remain in place at all HWRCs across Manchester.
Please follow the guidelines when visiting:
- Follow social distancing measures when on site
- Wear a face covering to protect yourself, staff, and other users - Government guidance is to continue to wear a face covering in crowded areas
- Plan your visit - weekdays are less busy
- Sort waste and recycling before your visit to minimise time on site
- Expect queues
- Wash your hands before and after your visit
Bolton Recycling Centre Opening Times
Hurstwood Court Recycling Centre, Raikes Lane, Bolton, BL3 2NH
Monday to Sunday: 8am – 8pm
Salford Road Recycling Centre, Bolton, BL5 1DG
Monday to Saturday: 8am – 8pm
Sunday and Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm
For further information on restrictions in place, please visit https://recycleforgreatermanchester.com/.