All household waste recycling centres across Greater Manchester will remain open throughout the new national restrictions from 5th November.
All waste and recycling bin collections are currently operating as normal. Please only visit if it is essential.
If you bin has not been emptied, please check the has your bin been missed page for information as there may have been access issues.
On your collection day please ensure
- Your bin is out for collection between 7.30am and 6pm
- The lid is closed - we will not collect waste from the side of your bin
- Vehicles are parked responsibly to allow access for our collection vehicle
- Your bin is brought back onto your property after collection
Please continue to check the website for further updates.
Guidance for households with symptoms or positive cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
All personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths must be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.
Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.
Disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE) used for social distancing such as face coverings and gloves
- Please put disposable gloves and face masks in your grey general waste bin.
- Do not put face masks or gloves in a recycling bin as they cannot be recycled through conventional recycling facilities.
Protect yourself, others and our environment:
- Don’t create litter with your masks and gloves
- Remember to wash your hands thoroughly
Household waste recycling centres
All household waste recycling centres across Greater Manchester will remain open throughout the new national restrictions from 5th November. Please only visit if it is essential.
Please follow the COVID-19 measures when you visit
- Stay two metres (six feet) away from other visitors and staff at all times
- Wear a face mask if you can
- Only one person at a time to dispose of waste in any container
- Only one person to access a walkway/gantry at a time
- Do not visit if you or anyone from your household have Covid-19 symptoms
- Two people from the same household may leave their vehicle only to carry large items
- Other passengers must remain in the car
- Wash your hands regularly
You will be able to take most items for recycling to your local recycling centre. For the full list of what you can take and opening times, please visit https://recycleforgreatermanchester.com/
Items that you can’t take to the recycling centre are:
- Food waste
Waste transfer facilities for van, hire vehicles or trailers over 2 metres high will remain open.
The visit limits introduced in February this year remain in place:
- Cars can visit up to 52 times a year
- Vans under 3.5 tonnes can visit 18 times a year
- Vans over 3.5 tonnes can visit 12 times a year
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and CCTV is in place across all sites to monitor vehicle visits and there is strictly no trade waste accepted.
Bolton Recycling Centre Opening Times
Hurstwood Court Recycling Centre, Raikes Lane, Bolton, BL3 2NH
Monday to Sunday: 8am – 6pm
Salford Road Recycling Centre, Bolton, BL5 1DG
Monday to Saturday: 8am – 6pm
Sunday and Bank Holidays: 10am -4pm