All household waste recycling centres across Greater Manchester will remain open, following government guidance as of 5 January 2021. Please only visit if it is essential.
All waste and recycling bin collections are currently operating as normal.
If you bin has not been emptied, please check the has your bin been missed page for information as there may have been access issues.
On your collection day please ensure:
- Your bin is out for collection between 7.30am and 6pm
- The lid is closed - we will not collect waste from the side of your bin
- Vehicles are parked responsibly to allow access for our collection vehicle
- Your bin is brought back onto your property after collection
Please continue to check the website for further updates.
Guidance for households with symptoms or positive cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
All personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths must be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.
Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.
Disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE) used for social distancing such as face coverings and gloves
- Please put disposable gloves and face masks in your grey general waste bin
- Do not put face masks or gloves in a recycling bin as they cannot be recycled through conventional recycling facilities.
Protect yourself, others and our environment:
- Don’t create litter with your masks and gloves
- Remember to wash your hands thoroughly
Household waste recycling centres
All household waste recycling centres across Greater Manchester will remain open following Government guidance as of 5 January 2021.
Please only visit if it is essential.
Please follow the guidelines when visiting:
- Only visit if you really need to do so
- Do not visit if you or anyone from your household have Covid-19 symptoms
- Follow social distancing measures when on site
- Wear a face covering
- Plan your visit - weekdays are less busy
- Sort waste and recycling before your visit to minimise time on site
- All recycling containers are open
- Wash your hands before and after your visit
For the full list of what you can take and opening times, please visit https://recycleforgreatermanchester.com/.
Items that you can’t take to the recycling centre are:
- Food waste
Waste transfer facilities for van, hire vehicles or trailers over 2 metres high will remain open.
The visit limits introduced in February this year remain in place:
- Cars can visit up to 52 times a year
- Vans under 3.5 tonnes can visit 18 times a year
- Vans over 3.5 tonnes can visit 12 times a year
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and CCTV is in place across all sites to monitor vehicle visits and there is strictly no trade waste accepted.
Bolton Recycling Centre Opening Times
Hurstwood Court Recycling Centre, Raikes Lane, Bolton, BL3 2NH
Monday to Sunday: 8am – 6pm
Salford Road Recycling Centre, Bolton, BL5 1DG
Monday to Saturday: 8am – 6pm
Sunday and Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm