All waste and recycling bin collections are currently operating as normal.
If you bin has not been emptied, please check the has your bin been missed page for information as there may have been access issues.
On your collection day please ensure
- Your bin is out for collection between 7.30am and 6pm
- The lid is closed - we will not collect waste from the side of your bin
- Vehicles are parked responsibly to allow access for our collection vehicle
- Your bin is brought back onto your property after collection
Please continue to check the website for further updates.
Current advice for cleaning and disposal of waste from affected households if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Make sure you double-bag your grey bin rubbish – especially personal waste such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths.
Rubbish bags should be placed into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste in the room in which you are self- isolating. Keep aside for at least 72 hours before putting into your usual external household grey waste bin.
Disposal of PPE from non-healthcare settings
If you or someone you live with requires disposable PPE:
- Always put used face masks and gloves in the grey bin - not the recycling bin
- Disposable masks, gloves, wipes, tissues and other PPE can't be recycled
Protect yourself, others and our environment:
- Don’t create litter with your masks and gloves
- Remember to wash your hands thoroughly
Household waste recycling centres now open 7 days a week in Bolton
From Saturday 27th June, all household waste recycling centres across Greater Manchester will be open 7 days a week. You will be able to take most items for recycling to your local recycling centre. For the full list of what you can take and opening times, please visit https://recycleforgreatermanchester.com/
Items that you can’t take to the recycling centre are:
- Textiles, clothes and shoes
- Food waste
Please note Salford Road Recycling Centre will be open Monday to Saturday, 8am – 6pm. Sundays and bank holidays, 10am – 4pm.
Social distancing will be in place on site.
Vans under 2 metres will also be allowed access from Monday 29th June for residents to bring their household waste. However no trailers are allowed. The visit limits introduced in February this year remain in place:
- Cars can visit up to 52 times a year
- Vans under 3.5 tonnes can visit 18 times a year
- Vans over 3.5 tonnes can visit 12 times a year
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and CCTV is in place across all sites to monitor vehicle visits and there is strictly no trade waste accepted.