All waste and recycling bin collections are currently operating as normal.
If you bin has not been emptied, please check the has your bin been missed page for information as there may have been access issues.
On your collection day please ensure
- Your bin is out for collection between 7.30am and 6pm
- The lid is closed - we will not collect waste from the side of your bin
- Vehicles are parked responsibly to allow access for our collection vehicle
- Your bin is brought back onto your property after collection
Please continue to check the website for further updates.
Current advice for cleaning and disposal of waste from affected households if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Make sure you double-bag your grey bin rubbish – especially personal waste such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths.
Rubbish bags should be placed into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste in the room in which you are self- isolating. Keep aside for at least 72 hours before putting into your usual external household grey waste bin.
Disposal of PPE from non-healthcare settings
If you or someone you live with requires disposable PPE:
- Always put used face masks and gloves in the grey bin - not the recycling bin
- Disposable masks, gloves, wipes, tissues and other PPE can't be recycled
Protect yourself, others and our environment:
- Don’t create litter with your masks and gloves
- Remember to wash your hands thoroughly
Household waste recycling centres now open in Bolton
From Saturday (May 30), Household Waste and Recycling Centres in Greater Manchester will accept scrap metal, hardcore and rubble as part of a phased reopening.
Centres continue to accept general waste, wood, timber, carboard and garden waste (no soil).
A number of restrictions and conditions are still in place, including an odd and even number plate system to manage traffic.
Please only use the centres if it is essential and check the Recycle for Greater Manchester website for opening times and further details before visiting.