Need help adapting where you live or moving to an adapted home?

There is support available if you are struggling in your current home and may need adaptations/equipment or need to move to more appropriate accommodation.

Help may be available to support you to remain in your own home. The Independent Living Service will assess your individual circumstances, provide support and make appropriate referrals. 

It may also be recommended that your application be placed on the Disability Housing Register, which provides preference to those in need for adapted property.

Applications on the Disability Housing Register are matched with suitable properties as and when they become available.

You will still need to register with Homes for Bolton and we will then assess your individual circumstances once further supporting information is received.