Who do we help?

The Independent Living Service may be able to help if you:

  • have physical disability 
  • are deaf or hard of hearing
  • have a visual loss
  • are struggling to manage every day activities
  • care for someone who is struggling

How can the service help me?

  • advice and information
  • provide or loan a range of equipment
  • Telecare
  • modifications/adaptations to your home enabling you to maintain your independence and safety
  • Home Support Reablement  - If you require more physical support or care that will lead to your independence

We can also provide information about other services that are available to you or your carer and put you in touch with organisations and voluntary groups that you may find useful.

Radar keys are available to adults and young people with disabilities after a short assessment. For further information please contact us on 01204 337020.

How much will I have to pay?

There is no charge for equipment or adaptations made to your home.

Contact information


If you would like to arrange for an assessment by the service you can contact the Duty Disability Officer between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday by ringing 337020 or 337900 or by Email: independentlivingservices@bolton.gov.uk

Loan of equipment

If you are in receipt of loaned equipment and would like to return it please ring 01204 337060 or 337262.

Email: icesstore@bolton.gov.uk

There is a list of local equipment retailers within the Bolton area on the local directory My Life in Bolton.