Full plans applications
What do I need to submit?
- a full plans application form (if posting the application)
- all detailed plans, sections and elevations, incorporating all necessary technical notes, supporting calculations and specifications
- if the work you are doing includes a new build, an extension or a garage then a 1:1250 scale plan showing the size and position of the building, or the building as extended, and its relationship to adjoining boundaries (sometimes known as 'block plans')
- the correct fee
- we will check the drawings and details meet building regulations and give you an approval notice. We aim to do this within five weeks
- the approval is valid for three years. Work can begin after you submit your application but we recommend you wait until you have your approval notice. You must let us know when you start the work
- if you need planning permission, do not start work until you have got it
We will come to inspect the work at the start, the end and at various stages to make sure it meets the building regulations standards. After you've submitted your application, you must let us know when work starts.
You will receive a completion certificate once the work is complete and we have checked it meets building regulations.