If you have a valid building regulations application you can book a visit for a building control officer to check the work meets building regulations.
How to book an inspection
Alternatively you can call us on 01204 336033 between 9am and 5pm.
- inspections are usually made within 24 hours of the request
- inspections are usually made between 9am and 12 noon and 1.30pm and 4.30pm
- requests made before 10.30am will be inspected after 1.30pm the same day
- requests made between 10.30am and 12 noon will be inspected the following morning
- requests made after 12 noon will be inspected the following day after 1.30pm
What we will check
- the start of the work on site, including any site stripping
- foundations excavations/preparation
- before foundations are covered over by concrete
- damp proof courses/membranes
- any structural work
- before plastering over structural work
- before the back-filling of any drainage installation
- witness drains tests
- before a building is occupied if the work has not finished
- when the work is finished
How much will it cost?
When your application is submitted we will let you know if you need to pay a fee when work starts. You will then be sent an invoice after the first inspection which will cover all inspections required.