Learning disability services
We help people with a learning disability find a paid job.
We can help you with
- Thinking about what job you would like to do
- Finding job adverts
- Writing application forms, covering letters and CVs
- Finding out what training you need
- Practising job interviews
- How to travel to your job
- Making sure everything is going well by talking to you and your employer
Will my benefit money change if I get a job?
We can tell you about the Permitted Work Rules.
These rules say when you can do a paid job and still get your benefit money.
Can I get extra help to do my job?
We can tell you about access to work grants.
This grant money can pay for extra help you need to do a job.
Examples of this extra help are travelling to your job or buying special equipment.
You can get our help
- If you have a Learning Disability
- Are more than 16 years old
- Live in Bolton
Ask your Social Worker to contact Best Choices.
We will arrange to meet you and your Social Worker to talk about the help you want.