Paying for social care

Non-residential care (for example Home Care)

An explanation of what you will pay for receiving a non-residential care service such as Home Care, Day Care, Extra Care, Meals etc is given in the paying for social care guidance section, where you will also find information about Short Breaks.

Residential care

If you are moving into a residential or nursing home we will work out how much we think you should pay towards the cost of your care and we will pay the rest. This will be worked out by using guidelines that have been set by the Government. These guidelines are explained in Paying for residential and nursing home care which you will find in the paying for social care guidance section.

Contact us

Finance Income and Assessment Team
Children’s & Adults Services
First Floor
Town Hall

Tel: 01204 331671

Minicom: 01204 365963


For Residential Care:

For Non-residential Care: