Connexions offer careers information, advice and guidance for young people in Bolton.
Young people can see a Connexions personal adviser in the following locations:
- local authority secondary schools (including special schools and schools with sixth forms) if the schools have purchased a service from Connexions Careers Service Bolton.
- Connexions Centre at The BASE (young people aged 16-19 and up to 25 for SEND young people)
- Connexions Access Centre in Farnworth (young people aged 16-19 and up to 15 for SEND young people)
Connexions personal advisers also provide additional help and support to the following groups:
- young people at risk of becoming NEET (not in education, employment or training)
- young people with special educational needs
- looked after children
- young people in Pupil Referral Units (PRUs)
An ESF NEET Project (2016-18) for Bolton young people
The project is for young people aged 15-19 (or up to 24 for young people who have a learning difficulty and/or disability). Connexions will be working with over 400 young people up until July 2018 who are not in education, employment or training or who are at risk of becoming so, offering support to progress into education, employment or training including apprenticeships and traineeships.
Some of the benefits for participants are:
- opportunities for personal development
- a varied programme to re-engage with constructive activities
- 1 to 1 support from a careers adviser to progress into education, employment or training
- gaining an accredited qualification
For more information please contact: Katrina Berwick or Vash Lad on 01204 334450 or 0800 0525559
Connexions on Facebook
Connexions Bolton has its own Facebook page. Information about local job vacancies, personal development opportunities and more general information about things that matter to teenagers are posted on a regular basis.