Connexions offer impartial careers information, advice and guidance for young people in Bolton.
Young people can see a Connexions Careers Adviser in the following locations:
- Bolton secondary schools (including special schools and schools with sixth forms) if the schools have purchased a service from Connexions Careers Service Bolton
- Connexions Centre at The BASE, Marsden Road, Bolton, BL1 2PF (young people aged 16-19 and up to 25 for young people with special educational needs and disabilities). Drop-in Monday to Friday 1pm – 4pm
Connexions Careers Advisers also provide additional help and support to the following groups:
- young people who are NEET (not in education, employment, or training) or those at risk of becoming NEET
- young people with special educational needs
- looked after children and care leavers
- young people in pupil referral units (PRUs)
Connect to your future
An ESF NEET project (2022-23) for Bolton young people
The project, commissioned by Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) to deliver this strand of its NEET and Youth Employment Programme, commenced in January 2022. It supports young people aged 15-19 years who are NEET or at risk of NEET, with the aim of mitigating the impacts on those young people most affected by the covid 19 pandemic, those who are experiencing disadvantage, and those not engaged with other provision.
This will be delivered through a comprehensive engagement and transition offer that will enable these young people to successfully engage in a positive learning or work destination, and develop the skills and confidence to continue into a sustainable career pathway.
Tailored re-engagement support around wellbeing, confidence building, and resilience will be delivered by one to one and group support with a careers adviser.
For more information please contact Katrina Berwick or Nicola Devine on 01204 334450 or 0800 0525559.
Skills support for growth
An ESF NEET Project (2019-23) for Bolton young people.
The project will support young people aged 15-19 (or up to 24 for young people who have a learning difficulty and / or disability) who are NEET or who are at risk of becoming so, to enhance and improve their skills - offering support to progress into education, employment or training including apprenticeships and traineeships.
Some of the benefits for participants are:
- opportunities for personal development
- one to one support from a careers adviser to progress into education, employment or training
- gaining an accredited qualification
- help with job search, CV writing and preparation for interviews.
For more information please contact: Katrina Berwick, or Nicola Devine on 01204 334450 or 0800 0525559.
Connexions on facebook and twitter
Connexions Bolton has its own facebook and twitter pages. Information about local job vacancies, personal development opportunities and more general information about things that matter to teenagers are posted on a regular basis.