To discourage vehicles from parking across the entrance to your driveway or garage, you can apply to have a white line painted on the road called a 'H Bar Marking' (because it looks like a stretched letter H) or 'access protection marking'.

Request a H bar marking

  • you must already have a dropped kerb accessing a driveway or garage
  • there must be no yellow lines already present
  • H bar markings highlight an access point. They do not indicate a reserved parking space
  • you are responsible for the full cost of the application

The cost is £120 for a marking up to six metres in length and £150 for a marking over six metres long.

To make an application please contact us.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation we are unable to take calls in the office.
For all Highways enquiries, please complete this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.