Day care for older people (Provided by Bolton Cares)
How day care services works
Bolton Cares provide day care for people aged 60 and over who find it difficult to manage in their own homes, because of frailty or ill health. Daytime support at a centre can often mean you can stay in your own home and within the community you know.
Based in the heart of the community, day care centres offer a range of activities to help you to meet new people and have some fun, including:
- personal care
- a hot meal (special diets can be catered for)
- arts and crafts
- a chance to meet and chat with others
- outings and special events
- gentle exercise
Want to know more?
If you feel you or someone you care for would benefit from this service and you would like to have an informal chat or arrange a visit please contact:
What about older people who have memory problems, such as dementia, or mental health problems?
Bolton Cares offer a range of support services for older people with mental health needs.
There is also lots of information on the Bolton Council website.
List of Day Centres for older people
Thicketford Road, Bolton BL2 2LW
Phone: 01204 337537
- we are open 364 days a year. Two days a week we have a specialised service for people with dementia and mental health needs
- the centre is a hive of activity – including entertainment, reminiscence sessions, and an art group, to name a few
- you can learn computer skills, including e-mailing relatives abroad
- we offer an active carers support group, with a dedicated worker
- for people who want to sit quietly, we have a sensory garden
Winifred Kettle Centre
Leigh Road, Westhoughton, BL5 2NE
Phone: 01204 337365 or 01204 335034
- we are open 365 days a year from 8.45am to 5.15pm. Two days a week we have a specialised service for people with dementia.
- we offer personal care, respite for carers and social activities
- snacks, a two-course hot meal and transport to and from the centre are available at a nominal charge
- a bathing service is also available and a hairdresser visits once a week
Cedar Avenue, Horwich BL6 6EU
Phone: 01204 332822
- we are open from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and offer places to older people. Local people, over the age of 65 are also welcome to drop in for a cup of tea and a chat
- we support carers with advice and information
- the centre prides itself on its friendly atmosphere, putting people first and maintaining independence and dignity
- local school children often come in and play chess and card games and join in with the activities