Free adult (16+) cycle training is available from Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) for people who live or work in Greater Manchester.
For more information you can visit TfGM training
Commuting by Bike
Cycling to work is a great way to lose weight and get fit, cut travel costs and beat congestion – all in a journey you’ve got to make anyway.
Cycle to Work scheme
This scheme allows employees to borrow or hire a bicycle from their employer. Typically, it uses salary sacrifice to make monthly payments from your pre-tax/NI pay.
Employers can operate their own scheme, or they can use one of a number of scheme operators to do the hard part for them.
To find out more, and to see if your employer operates the scheme, please visit gov.uk
Wheels for All
The initiative helps all children and adults with disabilities and differing needs, to engage in a quality cycling activity using specially adapted cycles.
- Sessions are £2 per person.
- Siblings, parents and carers are welcome to join in.
- Sessions are 'drop in', but large groups are advised to book ahead. Bikes and helmets are provided.
- Suitable clothing is advised.
- Sessions are subject to weather and may be cancelled if necessary; please call to check.
Sessions are now available at:
- Leverhulme Park Community Club, Long Ln, Bolton
Weds, 6pm-7pm; Thurs, 10am-12noon
- Bolton Arena, Arena Approach, Horwich
Thurs, 10am-11am & 5.30pm-6.30pm
- Castle Hill Centre, Castleton St, Bolton
Mon, 4pm-5pm (4-10 years)
A free map of Bolton’s cycle network is available from Transport for Greater Manchester's website.