We clean adopted roads and paths on a fixed schedule. This affected by seasonal factors such as leaf fall, snow and floods and by parked vehicles which prevent kerbside and pavement sweeping.
When entering an area teams must prioritise fly tipping and heavily littered areas and so all streets may not be cleaned or mechanically swept on each visit.
We have no capacity to operate outside this schedule unless there is an immediate health or safety risk associated with accumulations of litter.
What will we do?
- continuously clean town centres
- carry our regular area cleans including adopted roads and paths on frequencies between three and 18 weeks
- remove accumulations of rubbish from council land
- empty litter bins weekly
- help with your locally organised clean-ups
What can you do to help?
You can help keep Bolton clean by:
- being tidy with your litter and chewing gum
- using the free tips and bring sites
- having waste collection contracts for your business
- cleaning up your dog’s poo
- not 'fly posting' - it's untidy and illegal
- not parking where we need to clean
How to report an issue
Report a Street Cleaning Issue
Issues reported will be passed to the street cleaning teams to highlight issues prior to the planned visit.
We no longer have any responsibility for land belonging to Bolton at Home that does not form part of the adopted highway. Please report these issues directly to Bolton at home.