What if I'm not satisfied with the response?

If you want to make a complaint about any exemptions applied to your request for information under the Environmental Information Regulations, or about how we handled your request, you should first contact:

The Monitoring Officer
Bolton Council
Chief Executive’s Department
Town Hall

If information has been withheld, the Monitoring Officer will either decide to release it or decide that it should still be withheld, by reference to the Environmental Information Regulations.

If you are not satisfied with the response from the Monitoring Officer, you may then contact:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF

Tel: 01625 545700
Fax: 01625 524510

Please note that we reserve the right to publish a copy of the information we give you under the Environmental Information Regulations on our website or by any other means.