Town centres

Disabled parking bays are provided in the town centre and district centres for holders of a disabled parking badge provided via the Blue Badge Scheme.  A full list of disabled bays are outlined in our On Street Parking Guide.  A map of disabled bays is also accessible in our downloads section.

Residential areas

Unfortunately we do not provide disabled parking bays in residential areas. We cannot place a bay outside your home. The bays you see in the borough are in town centres and near to shops are for general public use and not tied to a single property.

We have no objection to the placement of a ‘Parking space needed for disabled resident’ sign on your property boundary providing it is not too large, misleading or offensive.  
Our Sign Shop can provide these for you at your own cost.  For more information please contact

There may be other ways of improving access to your property by either installing a dropped kerb or a H-bar marking (access protection marking) across your driveway entrance. 

Contacting us

Our staff are often out of the office and unable to take calls.

The best way to contact us for all Highways enquiries, is to complete this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.