Published: Friday, 29th Nov 2019

Update - 29 Nov - A taskforce has been set up by Bolton Council to lead the recovery operation following the fire at the Cube student accommodation building on Bradshawgate, on Friday November 15th.

We understand residents may have questions or concerns following the incident.

Please see below a list of frequently asked questions, if you have any further needs or requirements, please contact us on 01204 333333.

Question: I am a student from The Cube. What help and support is available?
Answer: The University of Bolton has a frequently asked questions list on their website, which they are updating regularly.

Urban Student Life are also regularly updating their website and are communicating regularly with students via email updates.

Question: I’m a resident of The Arches/The Picture House/Sun Alliance/Anvil - when can I move back into my property?
Answer: Adjacent buildings have all reopened to residents and landlords have made the necessary arrangements for returning.

Please call Irwell Valley Homes on 0300 561 1111 for any queries regarding The Arches and The Picture House.

Question: I have returned to my flat. Are there any additional precautions I need to take?
Answer: Please keep all windows and doors leading to balcony areas closed until you have been informed cleaning of these areas has been completed.

For those properties overlooking the Cube, it is advisable following the above cleaning to still keep windows and balcony doors closed to prevent any materials from the scene coming inside your property, especially if weather conditions become windy. 

If you need to ventilate your property, please use windows which are not facing the Cube building.

An inspection of apartments has not suggested any issues of concern, but any dust on windowsills or surfaces can be safely removed by wiping the dust away using a wet disposable cloth.

Question: I am a resident at The Arches/The Picture House/Sun Alliance. Can I be reimbursed for expenses incurred over the weekend i.e. food, clothing, toiletries?
Answer:  Please collate your receipts and we will update asap.

Question: How do I keep updated about what is going on?
Answer: For the most up-to-date information is available, please check this link on a regular basis.

If the local authority has re-housed you, then we have your contact details and will keep in regular touch. If you have any concerns that can’t be answered here or can’t wait please contact 01204 333333 (9am to 5pm) or 01204 336900 (after 5pm).

If you the University has re-housed you, then the University has your contact details and will keep in regular touch. Urban Student Life also have a drop-in service based at the Social Learning Zone (SLZ), Block 10, Chancellors Mall, Deane Rd, Bolton, BL3 5AB.

If Irwell Valley Homes has re-housed you, they will keep in regular contact with you. Their updates for affected residents can also be found via their latest news.

Question: Since the fire I have not felt very well. What should I do?
Answer: Please get in touch with your GP practice.

Question: I need to get my medication from my flat. What should I do?
Answer: Please contact your registered GP practice.

Question: How secure will the buildings be once we move back in?
Answer: The buildings will not reopen until they are fully secure and safe, and once all the relevant building safety checks have been completed.

Question: I live in a high-rise flat and I am worried. Is my building safe?
Answer: Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service want to provide reassurance to residents living in high rise buildings

Emotional wellbeing support for anyone affected by the student accommodation fire in Bolton

Managing emotional impact

For media enquiries please email