Published: Wednesday, 9th Oct 2019

Advice is available to residents, businesses, UK nationals in the EU and EU citizens in the UK.

The government website includes information about:

  • If you trade any goods or services with the EU
  • Visiting the EU after Brexit
  • Continuing to live and work in an EU country after Brexit
  • What EU citizens living in the United Kingdom need to do to stay.

Further information is also available from the Greater Manchester Combined Authority about preparations locally.

EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) - Staying in the UK after Brexit

Individuals from countries within the EU, an EEA (European Economic Areas of  Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Switzerland need to apply to officially show that they have ‘pre-settled status’, ‘settled status’ or British citizenship.

Citizens Advice are holding drop ins on Tuesdays and Fridays 10-1 to  help people complete the online form.

They need to apply to EUSS before December 31, 2020.

Early application has been recommended particularly for people who are retired or stopped working due to ill health as they might get settled status immediately.