Sport Coaches and Instructors Register
If anyone requires any assistance with the forms or has any questions either about Sportivate, getting on the Coaches register or becoming accredited, please contact the team on 01204 332323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We support our coaches by getting them First Aid and Safeguarding certificates.
Advantages of being on the database are as follows:
- better access to employment
- support accessing discounted training courses
- official accreditation
- keep track of the latest leisure industry developments
- raised personal profile as accredited coach / instructor
- inclusion on a regional coaches and instructors database
Street Games - Sources of grants for doorstep sport
The fund raising environment is still very challenging as organisations chase an ever decreasing pot of funds. Sustainability is a top priority. StreetGames offers support to enable our network of projects to become stronger organisations and to work towards long term financial sustainability.
This guide is packed with information about organisations that provide grants which prioritise one or more of the key issues of doorstep sport:
- deprived areas and disadvantaged communities
- physical activity/health
- young people
- StreetGames is committed to helping our network maintain or increase the amount of funds available to deliver doorstep sport. There are many different forms of fundraising, and this guide just deals with grants that you may be able to apply for.
We encourage all organisations to use a variety of different fundraising methods to bring in more funds and avoid the risk of relying too much on one source of income. The StreetGames Guide to Fundraising will help you, it is available from our website www.streetgames.org.
You should be able to find a number of grants in this guide for your organisation to apply for. We have identified 58 different grants that are relevant to doorstep sport. Not all of them are open at the moment, but please check the website contacts we have provided to check their latest status.
Additional funding streams and links
Lancashire Cricket Board provides a great list of links to funding organisations that you should consider for your club or group.
Funding and fundraising links
Volunteering for Sport in Bolton
If you have some spare time on your hands and are interested in sport…why not volunteer for the Sport & Active Living Service?
We support over 400 armature clubs in Bolton from swimming to football, cheerleading and dance. These clubs regularly need volunteers to assist with a variety of duties.
Sport and Active Living can take volunteers from 14 to 80 if you’re up for it.
- learn new skills
- gain useful work experience whilst helping others
- add to your C.V.
- support your local clubs and associations
Please see our new Bolton Sport Volunteering Website
We encourage all volunteers to register their hours on our Volunteer Kinetic site, a database promoted by GreaterSport. Once DBS (formally CRB) have cleared, we would look to opportunities that suit your interests and availability.