Term dates vary for each school, please check with the school for their holiday dates.
2020 / 2021
|Total 70 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 7 September 2020|
|Half Term:||Monday 26 October 2020 to Friday 30 October 2020|
|Term ends:||Friday 18 December 2020|
|Total 59 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 4 January 2021|
|Half Term:||Monday 15 February 2021 to Friday 19 February 2021|
|Term ends:||Thursday 1 April 2021|
|Total 64 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 19 April 2021|
|Bank Holiday:||Monday 3 May 2021|
|Bank Holiday:||Monday 31 May 2021|
|Half Term:||Tuesday 1 June 2021 to Friday 4 June 2021|
|Term ends:||Friday 23 July 2021|
- children will be in school for 190 days
- staff will be in school for 195 days
- 5 INSET days to be allocated during non-term time
- the above pattern equates to 193 days and governing bodies have the authority to determine 3 occasional days to meet the local needs of the school.
- Local Council elections will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021. Primary schools which are NOT used as polling stations may be open on this day. (Please note this is a change due to COVID-19 implications and the elections originally planned to be held in 2020 being postponed to 2021).
Autumn Term 2021 will begin on Monday 6 September 2021
School year regulations
Schools must open for 380 half-day sessions (190 days) in each school year, beginning with the first term to start after July.
We are responsible for setting holiday and term dates for community and voluntary controlled schools. The term dates for foundation and voluntary aided schools are decided by their governing bodies.