Term dates vary for each school, please check with the school for their holiday dates.
2018 / 2019
|Total 75 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 3 September 2018|
|Half Term:||Monday 22 October 2018 to Friday 26 October 2018|
|Term ends:||Friday 21 December 2018|
|Total 60 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 7 January 2019|
|Half Term:||Monday 18 February 2019 to Friday 22 February 2019|
|Term ends:||Friday 5 April 2019|
|Total 58 days in term|
|Term begins:||Tuesday 23 April 2019|
|Bank Holiday:||Monday 6 May 2019|
|Bank Holiday:||Monday 27 May 2019|
|Half Term:||Tuesday 28 May 2019 to Friday 31 May 2019|
|Term ends:||Friday 19 July 2019|
- Children will be in school for 190 days
- Staff will be in school for 195 days
- 5 INSET days to be allocated during non-term time
- The above pattern equates to 193 days and governing bodies have the authority to determine 3 occasional days to meet the local needs of the school.
- Local council elections will take place on Thursday 2 May 2019. Primary schools which are NOT used as polling stations may be open on this day.
Autumn Term 2019 will begin on Monday 2 September 2019
School year regulations
Schools must open for 380 half-day sessions (190 days) in each school year, beginning with the first term to start after July.
We are responsible for setting holiday and term dates for community and voluntary controlled schools. The term dates for foundation and voluntary aided schools are decided by their governing bodies.