Term dates vary for each school. Please check with the school for their holiday dates.
2022 / 2023
|Total 74 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 5 September 2022|
|Half Term:||Monday 24 October 2022 to Friday 28 October 2022|
|Term ends:||Thursday 22 December 2022|
|Total 55 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 9 January 2023|
|Half Term:||Monday 20 February 2023 to Friday 24 February 2023|
|Term ends:||Friday 31 March 2023|
|Total 64 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 17 April 2023|
|Bank Holiday:||Monday 1 May 2023|
|Half Term:||Monday 29 May to Friday 2 June 2023|
|Term ends:||Friday 21 July 2023|
- Total 193 days included in set pattern
- Children will be in school for 189 days (due to an additional bank holiday allocated in 2022)
- Staff will be in school for 194 days
- 5 INSET days to be allocated during non-term time
- The above pattern equates to 193 days and Governing bodies have the authority to determine 4 occasional days (including the extra Bank Holiday which can be taken as lieu day which schools can allocate) to meet local needs of the school.
- Local Council elections will take place on Thursday 4th May 2023. (If the school is used as a polling station and the school is required to close to facilitate this then one of the occasional days should be allocated to this closure.) Primary Schools which are NOT used as Polling Stations may be open on this day.
- There is a 6 week summer break leading into this year with a 6 week break at the end
- Start of next academic year is Monday 4 September 2023
School year regulations
Schools must open for 380 half-day sessions (190 days) in each school year, beginning with the first term to start after July.
We are responsible for setting holiday and term dates for community and voluntary controlled schools. The term dates for foundation and voluntary aided schools are decided by their governing bodies.