Term dates vary for each school, please check with the school for their holiday dates.
2021 / 2022
|Total 73 days in term|
|Term begins:||Monday 6 September 2021|
|Half Term:||Monday 25 October 2021 to Friday 29 October 2021|
|Term ends:||Wednesday 22 December 2021|
|Total 57 days in term|
|Term begins:||Thursday 6 January 2022|
|Half Term:||Monday 14 February 2022 to Friday 18 February 2022|
|Term ends:||Friday 1 April 2022|
|Total 63 days in term|
|Term begins:||Tuesday 19 April 2022|
|Bank Holiday:||Monday 2 May 2022|
|Half Term:||Monday 30 May to Friday 3 June 2022|
|Term ends:||Friday 22 July 2022|
- Total 193 days included in set pattern
- Children will be in school for 189 days (due to an additional bank holiday allocated in 2022)
- Staff will be in school for 194 days
- 5 INSET days to be allocated during non-term time
- The above pattern equates to 193 days and Governing bodies have the authority to determine 4 occasional days (including the extra Bank Holiday which can be taken as lieu day which schools can allocate) to meet local needs of the school.
- Local Council elections will take place on Thursday 5th May 2022. (If the school is used as a polling station and the school is required to close to facilitate this then one of the occasional days should be allocated to this closure.) Primary Schools which are NOT used as Polling Stations may be open on this day.
- There is a 6 week summer break leading into this year with a 6 week break at the end
- Start of next academic year is Monday 5 September 2022
School year regulations
Schools must open for 380 half-day sessions (190 days) in each school year, beginning with the first term to start after July.
We are responsible for setting holiday and term dates for community and voluntary controlled schools. The term dates for foundation and voluntary aided schools are decided by their governing bodies.