Greater Manchester's Plan for Homes, Jobs and the Environment: Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - Draft Consultation
We are currently consulting on Greater Manchester's Plan for Homes, Jobs and the Environment, also known as the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework, and residents are currently being invited to share their views.
You can view the plan and all the supporting documents here.
The plan sets out how we will make Greater Manchester one of the best places to live and work in the world. It is being produced by all 10 councils working together in partnership, which will ensure that we have the right land available in the right places to deliver the homes and jobs we need up to 2037. It will also identity the new infrastructure such as transport, schools, health centres and utility networks required to achieve this. We consulted on a previous version of the plan in 2016 and have taken those comments into account in the current draft.
There are several ways to have your say on the plans:
- Online at https://www.gmconsult.org/
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to Planning Team Consultation, Greater Manchester Combined Authority, 1st Floor Churchgate House, 56 Oxford Road, Manchester.
The consultation is running for eight weeks and all comments must be received by March 18th 2019.
Paper copies of the documents are available for public inspection at Bolton Central Library and the One Stop Shop in Bolton Town Hall. You will be able to access the plan online at any of the libraries in the Borough.
Consultation events are also being held to allow people to view the documents and talk to planners. Bolton Council is holding events at:
- Carnegie Hall, Westhoughton Town Hall, Library Street, BL5 3AW on Monday 25th February 2019 from 2pm to 7pm
- Friends' Meeting House, 50 Silverwell Street, BL1 1PP on Wednesday 6th March 2019 from 2pm to 7pm
If you require any further information on the consultation please do not hesitate to contact the Greater Manchester Planning Team on 0161 778 7000