How to apply
The best way is to apply online, complete the form, attach your documents and pay.
There are some forms that are not available to submit online - consent types not available on the planning portal.
Before you apply:
- check if you need permission for the work you want to do
- find out what you need to supply with an application
- understand how much it will cost
- look at supplementary planning documents that provide detailed guidance on specific sites or areas that may affect your proposed works, including householder extensions
- check if you need a Building Regulations application
For more information on how to apply look on the Planning Portal website.
We do not accept applications by email.
Paper application forms
If you cannot submit online, you can download and print a paper form. You can then complete this and send it in the post to us.