Latest information and updates on gritting and services affected by the weather.
We will update this page with information about gritting, bin collections and any other affected services.
Thurs 31st January
- Bins update
All our waste and recycling vehicles were out attempting to collect from as many houses as possible that were due collections today.
The crews have collected from most streets. Unfortunately, there were some streets we were unable to collect from due to the snow and ice.
We will come back on Saturday, 2 February and collect grey bins from these streets that were missed today: Broomfield Street, Caledonia Street, Cambria Street, Clare Bank, Constance Road, Gilnow Lane, Lorne Street, Mercia Street, Merrion Street, Newton Walk and Roland Road.
Any missed recycling bins, green bins and food waste containers will be collected on your next scheduled collection.
- Gritting update
The teams will be going out and treating high spots at 7pm and will be doing a full route grit at 2.30am.
Crews were out yesterday at 2.30pm and 8.30pm. They also went out at 3.30am this morning gritting main routes across the borough.
Wednesday 30 January
We're sorry, we've had to suspend waste and recycling collections today due to the adverse weather.
Grey Bins If your grey bin was missed due to the snow and ice today (Wednesday, 30 January), then - subject to weather - we are planning to come back to empty your bin on Saturday (2 February).
Please leave your bins out by 7.30am.
Green Food Waste Containers We were unable to empty some food waste containers in the same area last week due to the bad weather.
Homes on this list will have their green food waste container emptied on Saturday (2 February). Please note: this is the small green food waste containers only and does not include green bins.
Please leave the container out by 7.30am.
Recycling Bins and Green Bins Any recycling bins or green bins which were missed today (January 30) will be emptied on their next scheduled recycling collection (Wednesday, 13 February).
We will continue to monitor the collections over the coming days and we will keep you updated with any changes in collections through social media and the website.
- List of school closures, which we have been informed about.
- Care workers are carrying out home visits on foot this morning to make sure everyone is seen as planned.
- We've been out gritting all our main routes four times overnight finishing at 5am and are currently out treating all our roads again.
- More information on: gritting, our routes, and sign up to alerts.
Tuesday 29 January
- We are out gritting all our main routes and will continue gritting as needed throughout the day and evening.
- Over night our gritting team went out three times (6.30pm, 11.30pm and 3.30am) covering the full route network.