The table below details who you need to report different flooding issues to.

Flooding caused by Who to notify
Public sewer / burst water mains United Utilities
Private sewer or drain Homeowner / Landowner
Water service or internal pipe Homeowner or landlord (a plumber)
River Environment Agency
Roadside ditches Bolton Council
Overflowing manhole, drain or grid on the road or pavement Bolton Council
Flooded road Bolton Council

What happens next

For issues reported to us, we will make an inspection within 5 working days.  If there is an immediate risk to safety we will inspect within 2 hours.  

You will be given a case reference number for the report.

If you think there is an immediate risk to safety please contact us:

Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm - please call us on 01204 336600

At any other time - please call our Security and Response team on 01204 336900