What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored by your browser on your computer.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings
- remembering information you’ve given
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
- Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally
Video courtesy of the direct.gov website.
- Storing your location to help us point you to the right services in your area
- Enables us to provide you with map based information
- Restricting voting to one per person to ensure a fair vote e.g. voting for Bolton’s Best
- Keeping your information safe
- To help us gather analytics to support the improvement of our website.
Cookies on bolton.gov.uk from other organisations and social networking websites
Some cookies are not related to bolton.gov.uk. This happens when you visit a page with content inserted from a third party. We currently embed links or widgets from the following social networking sites:
- You tube vidoes – more information about embedding videos
These websites may place cookies on your computer either when you access certain functionality or a page.
How to opt out of using cookies
You can opt out of using cookies altogether. If you do choose to delete our cookies or disable future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site. If you do decide to disable cookies, you can re-enable them at any time.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.