Business rates support and grants
Bolton Council’s Business Rates and Business Bolton teams have been working hard to process grant payments, to support businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
Over £40m of grants have been allocated so far to support local businesses in receipt of small business rate relief or retail rate relief.
Apply for grant funding
For up to date information about funding and other financial support measures available due to COVID-19, go to www.businessbolton.org/covid19
Business Bolton, the Council’s Business Support team can help with support, advice and link to other Council services to help your business. The team offer a free investment and property relocation service and work closely with partners such as the Business Growth Hub and GM Chamber of Commerce to support start up and growing businesses.
For further details on the support available and latest news please visit www.businessbolton.org/covid19
Workplace Safety Advice
The government has issued new guidance to help businesses in the UK to get back up and running and workplaces operating as safely as possible. This follows the Prime Minster setting out steps to beat the virus and restart the economy, aimed to protect jobs, restore people’s livelihoods and fund the country’s vital public services.
There is sector specific guidance available for;
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Factories, plants and warehouses
- Labs and research facilities
- Offices and contact centres
- Other people's homes
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery
- Shops and branches
For further information on the guidelines including Posters, leaflets and other materials please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
The Government has also published an updated list of which businesses can and can’t open under the updated Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) Regulations 2020.
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
The Government have provided a coronavirus business support finder tool, which will help businesses and self-employed people to quickly and easily determine what
financial support is available to them. https://www.gov.uk/business-coronavirus-support-finder
Latest government guidance for businesses on COVID-19, including advice for individual sectors. here,
Business Growth Hub
In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, the Hub has developed a range of resources and guidance to ensure businesses feel supported and are prepared to act quickly as the situation unfolds.
- Coronavirus business FAQs
- Webinar series: The Growth Company hosted a series of live webinars to help businesses prepare for the potential economic impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Guide to Remote Working
- Self-employed support package: The Chancellor has announced measures of support for freelancers and the self-employed impacted by COVID-19.
- Keeping the cash flowing: Business support and finance specialist Phil Hargreaves gives his insights on the key things that every business should be considering to continue operating in a crisis.
- Supply chain advice from the experts: With the spread of the Coronavirus continuing to affect global supply chains, we round up some advice from supply chain experts on how to ensure resilience to any disruptions.
Employ GM - New employment service
A new service, Employ GM, has been launched to help people get back into work across Greater Manchester.
Pick for Britain
The Environment Secretary has launched a new ‘Pick for Britain’ website to address the fact that we are likely to only have about a third of our normal labour force for this year's harvest. As such, we will need to rely on British workers to lend a hand to help bring that harvest home. Opportunities are available across the UK for those seeking a second job, particularly those that are furloughed.