Who needs a house to house collection permit?

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic we are requesting that all licensing business is dealt with electronically for the foreseeable future. This is via the website where possible, or via email at licensing.unit@bolton.gov.uk.

Applications forms for all areas of licensing are available on our website. To avoid delay please do not post any applications as we cannot guarantee they will be received in a timely manner.

Where the usual requirement is for an original document to be submitted, we will accept scanned copies during this time.

Anyone planning to hold a collection of money or articles for sale house to house (including business premises), where the proceeds are for charitable purposes, require a permit. 

Clothing and bric-a-brac collections to raise funds for a charity also require this permit.