Partly occupied rate relief

You need to pay the full bill for a property which is partly or fully occupied.

Where a property is partly occupied for a short time, we may be able to award relief for the unoccupied part.

  • you must contact us as soon you stop using part of your property
  • an inspection is usually made by us to confirm the partial use
  • you may also need to provide a plan of the premises so that the Valuation Office Agency can accurately allocate the rateable value between the occupied and unoccupied areas

If you think you are entitled to the relief, please contact us.