Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
All Bolton Cemeteries are open to the public every day from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Summer (April to September) and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Winter (October to March).
Visitors should observe the government social distancing guidlines at all times. Due to current restrictions, a maximum of 30 mourners are allowed to attend a burial service in the cemeteries.
We operate seven cemeteries. These are:
- Astley Bridge Eden Street, Bolton BL1 6NU
- Blackrod Manchester Rd, Blackrod, Bolton BL6 5LS
- Farnworth Cemetery Rd, Farnworth, Bolton BL4 7QN
- Heaton Gilnow Road, Bolton BL1 4LH
- Horwich Chorley Old Road, Bolton BL6 6RF
- Tonge Cemetery Rd, Bolton BL2 6AQ
- Westhoughton Cemetery St, Westhoughton, Bolton BL5 3TL
Summer (April – September): 9am - 8pm
Winter (October - March): 9am - 4pm
General enquiries for all cemeteries: 01204 334499
Security related issues: 01204 336900
(eg reporting anti-social behaviour and if anyone gets locked in cemetery)
A list of cemetery prices and cremation prices can be found on our Funeral costs page.
Each site has new grave plots available together with smaller plots for cremated remains.
Deceased online provides cemeteries and crematorium information, burial records, cremation records, grave maps, genealogy and ancestry resources.