How to report anti-social behaviour
Before we can take any action, we need information about the problem.
Please complete an incident diary and return it to us.
Download incident diary
Reporting over the phone
You can call in confidence on 01204 336500. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. If you call out of hours and leave a voicemail, we will call you back. In an emergency call 999.
However, you will be required to complete an incident diary for us to deal with the complaint.
What happens next?
Once a completed incident diary has been received, the case will be allocated to an officer who will contact you within 5 working days to discuss the case and agree a plan of action.
What is Anti-Social Behaviour?
Anti-social behaviour includes all sorts of behaviour which might intimidate you or spoil your quality of life. It is anything which interferes with the peaceful enjoyment of your home and surrounding area.
- Nuisance neighbours
- Abandoned cars
- Drunken or rowdy behaviour
Supporting victims and witnesses
Whether you live in your own home, rent your house from a private landlord or from a social housing provider, there are a number of tools and powers, services and support that can be used to help to tackle anti-social behaviour.
Practical support available:
- Evidence pack to record incidents;
- Dictaphones to record incidents rather than writing them down, if you prefer;
- One officer to manage your case and update you as often as you would like;
- One direct telephone line 01204 336500 to report anti-social behaviour on;
- Personal alarm if required;
- Use of CCTV equipment.
Other support available:
- Support to help you deal with intimidation;
- Emotional support;
- A Victims' Champion to deal with your case if you are vulnerable.
Anti-Social Behaviour Policy and Procedure
Our ASB Policy and Procedure provides information about what Bolton Council can do to achieve a positive resolution following a report of anti-social behaviour.
Bolton's Anti-Social Behaviour Service Standards
What you can expect
- We will take your complaint of anti-social behaviour seriously
- We will provide you with the name of one officer who will update you throughout your case
- We will offer you an interview within three working days of receiving your report of anti-social behaviour
- If the incident occurs over a weekend or a bank holiday, we will provide a dedicated phone line (see right) where you can leave a message, and you will be contacted within three working days. (In an emergency, always call 999)
- We will keep you up to date with progress in relation to your complaint and agree with you how we will do this and how often
- We will offer you a range of practical and emotional support, including support to deal with intimidation, assist you in gathering evidence, and use a range of tools and powers to help resolve your complaint
- Offensive graffiti will be removed within 24 hours if reported to 01204 333333, or out of office hours to 01204 336900 (example – racist or abusive graffiti)
- We will ensure that staff have appropriate compulsory training and support including annual ‘refresher training’
- We will ensure that staff work with partner agencies effectively, and keep each other updated on your case
Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review
Agencies including the Council, police and registered providers of social housing have a duty to undertake an anti-social behaviour case review when someone requests one and the case meets a locally defined threshold.
Please note, the anti-social behaviour case review service is not for initial reports of anti-social behaviour. It is to be used if you believe there has been a failure by one or more agencies to respond to a previous report of anti-social behaviour. The anti-social behaviour case review is designed to ensure that agencies work together to respond to reports of anti-social behaviour.
The Be Safe Strategic Partnership will ensure that the case is reviewed appropriately and efficiently as possible. We will discuss the problem collectively, share information, and act together to direct our resources to the right places to resolve the issue.
For further information, please refer to the Bolton Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review Procedure
You can make an application for an Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review by:
- Completing the online form (see 'Do It Online' tab at the top of this page);
- Calling Bolton Council Community Safety Services on 01204 331342;
- Emailing email@example.com;
- Writing to Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review Service, Bolton Council Community Safety Services, 2nd Floor Paderborn House, BL1 1JW.
Times are displayed in a 24 hour format.