What do I need to submit?
A location plan needs:
- a scale 1:1250 or 1:2500 (base your plan on an ordnance survey map)
- to show at least two named roads and all the surrounding land and buildings
- to show house numbers on all the properties
- a red line around the edge of the property you are applying for planning permission (including the garden)
- a blue line around any other nearby land you own
Buy a location plan from one of the Planning Portal’s accredited suppliers.
A site plan needs:
- a scale of 1:200 or 1:500
- to show proposals on the plan so we can see the development in relation to the existing property and neighbouring properties (include measurements to neighbouring properties)
Buy a site plan from one of the Planning Portal’s accredited suppliers.
You may also need:
- proposed and existing floor plans
- proposed and existing elevation plans
- a street-scene ‘contextual’ drawing
- supporting information or reports, this depends on the type of application you are submitting and the work you are doing