Ways we can help to prevent you becoming homeless
We will provide help, advice and support to prevent you from becoming homeless wherever possible. If you are at risk of becoming homeless the most important thing is to get advice as soon as possible. There may be things that can be done to prevent you losing your home and becoming homeless.
- work with you and your Landlord to resolve any issues you may have that could be affecting your tenancy. This could be a housing benefit problem, disrepair or a Legal Notice
- check you meet the criteria towards a non-cash deposit guarantee scheme to assist you to secure private rented accommodation
- accompany you to the County Court if your Landlord has applied for a Possession Order and negotiate with your Landlord to prevent you from losing your home
- negotiate with friends and relatives when they have asked you to leave to extend your lodging arrangements, whilst we assist you to access a full range of housing options
- make appropriate referrals to supported accommodation
- assist you in any other way that we can to avoid you losing your home, and help you sustain your tenancy