Other public services can refer people that may be homeless or threatened with homelessness if they have the applicant’s consent.

Who can make a referral?

  • Health services – including accident and emergency, in-patient and all mental health services
  • Social care services
  • Children’s services
  • Prisons (public and contracted out)
  • Youth offender institutions and youth offending teams
  • Secure training centres (public and contracted out) and colleges
  • Probation services (community rehabilitation companies and national probation service)
  • Jobcentre Plus
  • Greater Manchester Police and registered housing providers have also agreed voluntarily to refer those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness to housing services.

Make a referral

To refer someone who is threatened with or is homeless in Bolton, please complete our online form.

Make a referral now