Reading and downloading eMagazines
Read full digital copies of your favourite magazines for free from your computer, smartphone or tablet using our eMagazine download service: Libby from Overdrive.
Over 190 magazines are currently available covering everything from food to computers, and music to art. Titles include Hello!; BBC Good Food; Amateur Photographer; BBC Top Gear; Horrible Histories and Cosmopolitan. Borrow an unlimited number of magazines to keep forever or delete when you want.
To read eMagazines on your PC or Laptop:
- Go to the Bolton Libraries’ Libby site at https://boltonuk.overdrive.com/ and enter your library card number and PIN. (Remember to add 16p at the start of your borrower number.)
- Browse the selection on the Bolton Libby site or search for specific titles.
- Checkout your chosen publications to read. Checked out titles remain on your account for 21 days, but you can renew many times as you wish.
- You can borrow as many magazines as you like.
To read eMagazines on your mobile device:
- Download the Libby app from your device's app store (see Links).
- Click Install and Open.
- Confirm that you have a library card.
- When prompted to search for a library, choose Bolton Libraries.
- Enter your library account details (remember to add 16p at the start of your borrower number) and click Next.
- Input your PIN and click Next.
- You’re now signed in.
If you require any help to use this service please call our Libraries team on 01204 332853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.