Whether you’re starting up, expanding your business or changing careers, we have a range of resources providing a wealth of information.
- online access to FAME, a database containing financial and company information on over 2.4 million businesses in the UK and Ireland
- trade directories
- business directories (including Key British Enterprises and Dun and Bradstreet Business Registers for Lancashire and Greater Manchester)
- a full set of UK telephone directories
Financial data and statistics
- census information (local and national)
- UK Official publications
- UK trade statistics
- FAME business information database
- newspapers and journals (including The Financial Times, Investors Chronicle and Money Facts)
- Northcote Data, linking to financial information published by large companies
We can help create mailing lists tailored to your needs and export the lists in various formats.
There is a charge for this service.
Legal and standards information
- British Standards Online
- Government legislation
- newspapers and journals (including access to NewsBank, a database of national and regional news)
- Datamonitor market research reports
- COBRA (contains fact sheets, market reports, contacts and sources of funding and support to help entrepreneurs and their advisers)
Bolton libraries are part of the Ask about Business partnership with Manchester City Library, authorities in Greater Manchester, Blackpool and Blackburn with Darwen. The service enables access to even more resources held across the region covering Pre-Start and new businesses, existing business, jobseekers, consumers, inventors and business students.
We also work closely with other information providers and business related organisations both within Bolton and nationally. We can signpost you to the most relevant organisation to suit your needs.
There is a charge for using the business resources.
There is a small charge made for company mailing lists.
Printing and photocopying is charged at the normal library rate.