Apply for works to trees and hedgerows

Submit a protected tree application

Submit a Hedgerow Notice

You will need to tell us of any works you are planning to do for

  • trees protected under a Tree Preservation Order (TPO)
  • trees in a conservation area
  • protected hedgerows
  • trees that have a planning condition. You can check the planning search pages for decision notices.

Find out whether a tree or hedgerow is protected

Before sending anything to us

  • please refer to the application checklist
  • consider using a tree surgeon to assess the works and trees