If you're unhappy with any aspect of our service, please contact the relevant department and tell them about your concerns. 

If you're still not satisfied with the service that you've received or the explanation given, fill in our complaints form and we'll do our best to investigate your concerns.

Make a complaint

Alternatively, you can:

How to do I make comments, compliments and suggestions?

If you have comments, compliments or suggestions about our services, please let us know by filling in our online form. 

Make a comment, compliment or suggestion

What happens after my complaint is submitted?

  • written complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days
  • emailed complaints to CCCGroup@bolton.gov.uk will be acknowledged within 24 hours
  • we will aim to give you a full response within 20 working days

How can I appeal?

If you're unhappy after our response to your complaint, you can:

  • appeal within 28 days to the Chief Executive, by emailing complaint.appeal@bolton.gov.uk or please write to: Complaint Appeal, Legal Services, Room 120, Town Hall, Bolton, BL1 1RU 
  • if you feel like your complaint has been handled unfairly, or is causing someone to suffer as a result, please contact the Local Government Ombudsman who are an independent body that will investigate your concerns.